[PD-dev] writing exploits in Pd (Re: [PD] [file])

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Tue Aug 31 18:07:47 CEST 2021

> however, externals are free to *not* use `sys_open` so that could be
> easily circumvented

yes. I was mostly concerned about user written Pd patches that would be
opened by a libpd app, like Pd(Droid)Party, MobMuPlat or so.
If the developer of the app could lock the write permission to a predefined
user directory, it would be safer to try opening patches from other users...
In the worst case you only could lose other patches or related data.

Thinking a bit more: actually most mobile APIs already provide such a
security...