[PD-dev] treating $1 as an argument in A_GIMME

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:46:06 CEST 2021

Hi, when using A_GIMME I can test if the type is A_FLOAT or A_SYMBOL, but
if I give it a "$1", for instance, it's treated as a float. Now, if I have
'A_DEFSYM' instead of 'A_GIMME', then '$1' is considered as a symbol.

The problem is that I have to check if the first argument of cyclone/play~
is a float or not. If it's a float, then the creation fails and an error is
given. If it's a symbol, then it's an array name. But if you have an
abstraction ans using '$1' for the table name, the object shouldn't
consider it as a float and fail the creation. This is the problem I need to
solve.

Thanks