[PD-dev] New [command] external

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:46:35 CEST 2021

On Tue, 2021-09-21 at 14:19 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

> > On 13/7/21 12:26 π.μ., Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > > However, since the exit code outlet fires always last, it
> > > probably would make
> > > sense the make it the left-most. Are there any similar precedent
> > > objects?
>
> Many objects do fire something not on the leftmost outlet for last to
> say something is done, take [cyclone/uzi] as an example.

Thanks for the example.  I'm clear now that I should follow the rule
and made the exit code outlet the left-most, since it is the only one
that always fires after command execution (and because it makes sense
for the left-most outlet to fire last, of course).

And yeah, [uzi] is confusing in that regard, but I guess it had to be
done this way because the original was using this order.

Roman