[PD-dev] New [command] external

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 03:03:40 CEST 2021

Em qua., 22 de set. de 2021 às 11:38, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> [getdir] is now (soon) covered by Pd's [file]

it's already covered by [pdcontrol]'s 'dir' method.

I still have to better check the new [file] object, I'm assuming it
overlaps with [else/dir].

> And yeah, [uzi] is confusing in that regard, but I guess it had to be
> done this way because the original was using this order.

it is confusing and not the only example in cyclone, but maybe others make
more sense, like a rightmost outlet that fires a bang when something is
done with as in cyclone/seq, where a bang tells you the sequence is over -
that's the same with [readsf~] by the way. If your object is more like
[uzi], then it makes sense to have the leftmost outlet firing last.

cheers