[PD-dev] equivalent of Max attributes for optional keyword object args?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 17:33:45 CEST 2021

Hi folks, I want to add an optional argument for object creation time to
Scheme for Pd to allow setting the starting heap size, which can
dramatically lower garbage collector times. In Scheme for Max 0.3 I added
the @heap attr. I'm not sure what the normal way to do this kind of thing
is in Pd. The catch is that this arg needs to be optional (beginners
shouldn't have to worry about it) and needs to be set at object creation
time because you can't change the starting heap size after creating the s7
interpreter. So I'm somewhat reluctant to just add a 3rd integer arg.
Suggestions welcome!

thanks!
iain