[PD-dev] current master does not build on macOS Catalina

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:31:16 CEST 2021

Hi

I having troubles building current Pd on macOS catalina. This is how I
run configure:

  ./configure --enable-jack --disable-jack-framework --disable-locales

And here is where the building stops:

~~~
x_file.c:1062:13: error: implicitly declaring library function 'snprintf' with type 'int (char *, unsigned long, const char *, ...)' [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
            snprintf(destfile, MAXPDSTRING, "%s/%s", destination, filename);
            ^
x_file.c:1062:13: note: include the header <stdio.h> or explicitly provide a declaration for 'snprintf'
~~~

The stdio.h _is_ declared in x_file.c, so I do not really understand
what the problem is.

Thanks,
Roman