[PD-dev] Packaging question for Scheme for Pd

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:22:28 CEST 2021

Hi folks, I need some advice on what is the expected way for a package to
be laid out to avoid confusing users when they try to install. The
situation is that s4pd requires the external, and scm files that come in
the package. In development, I have those in an scm dir, and if you
build from source, that dir needs to be in the Pd search paths. For a non
developer user, I want install to be as simple as possible. Should a
downloadable package just put the scm files and external in the top level
of the package ('s4pd') so that this can simply be put in the Pd/externals
directory? I just need to know what "normal" is for a release package.

thanks
iain