[PD-dev] why no more "sys_get_audio_params" in s_stuff.h? What to do now?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 21:51:52 CEST 2021

I think Miller's answer is:

> in the meantime objects that use s_stuff.h definitions will
> probably have to track changes in the internal APIs.

Which, I believe, indicates the externals need to be updated.

You could make your own local version and only use it if the Pd version is >= 0.52. As to how it should be done and where is the code? I dunno. I'd suggest looking at old versions of the Pd sources to see what the old function did, then see if there is a way to replicate it in whatever manner works with Miller's updates.

The functions in s_stuff.h have always been subject to change.

> On Oct 23, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> By the way, the [audiosettings] externals from extended and available in
> deken in the mediasettings library has the same issue and fails to create.
>
> what do we do now?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>