[PD-dev] Why not use portaudio per default?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 19:43:17 CET 2022

It's actually relatively easy, but very verbose since running configure then runs the dependent lib configures as well. You just have to point the configure script to the subdirectory with another configure script.

I have a couple projects which use autotools and rely on a couple custom libraries which also use autotools. You just pass the subdirectories via AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS: https://github.com/danomatika/joyosc/blob/master/configure.ac#L85 <https://github.com/danomatika/joyosc/blob/master/configure.ac#L85>

But in the end, I plan to simplify this layout and remove the need for this arrangement in the future.

> On Jan 22, 2022, at 6:57 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Since we build the sources ourselves, as you have noted, it probably
> makes sense to keep them in our repo as well. I don't even know how to
> properly integrate an automake project...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>