[PD-dev] [PD] how to compile externals for apple silicon?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:57:43 CET 2022

I have a fork of pd-lib-builder which supports arm64 & universal builds on macOS. The PR has been sitting for some time but we have been using it successfully for a few projects for some time now:

https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder/pull/69 <https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder/pull/69>

To build for arm64, you need a new enough Xcode (12.2 I believe) and that's it. You can cross-compile on an x86_64 machine for arm64 and vice-versa.

> On Mar 10, 2022, at 11:30 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:57:23 -0300
> From: Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>
> To: Sebastian Shader <sebfumaster at aol.com <mailto:sebfumaster at aol.com>>
> Cc: "pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>" <pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD-dev] [PD] how to compile externals for apple silicon?
>
> I guess I can install catalina on a partition, but I was hoping to use
> pdlibbuilder in an easy way, is it possible?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>