[PD-dev] Externals in Pd.52.2(Rosetta Mode) on Mac M1!

Jakob Skouborg syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:34:01 CEST 2022

Hey again :)

I tried adding the arch -x86_64 to line 846 and I am running PD in Rosetta mode and most seems to be working now.

I have installed these externals, via Deken, with the arch -x86_64 and my experience is:
Cyclone 		- Works with arch -x86_64 but not without.
Else 		- Works with and without arch -x86_64
Zexy 		- Works with and without arch -x86_64
Tof			- Works with arch -x86_64 but not without.
Freeverb 		- Works with arch -x86_64 but not without.
Iemlib:		- Seems like objects does not work. Like init, filter~, vcf_filter~, aspeedlim, etc. neither with or without

I double checked the above a few times, I made a copy of PD before I changed line 846, so I had a version with the arch -x86_64 and one without. Then I opened and tested the different externals with and without arch -x86_64 and the result is the above.

I have to admit I forgot to add the startup flag for zexy (-lib zexy). Sorry, it has been years since I set up PD last time.

About Christofs comment, I tried to explain as well as I could. I might have missed something.

If you have any further questions or anything else you’d like me to try, I’d be happy to help out.

THANKS!

Jakob