[PD-dev] error missing in Pd 0.52

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:51:48 CEST 2022

Hey all

Since 0.52, compiling of some externals fails with an error like:

~~
binfile.c:103:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'error' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
        error("binfile: Could not create...");
~~~

In 0.51-4, the error function was still defined in m_pd.h. Was 'error'
deprecated in favor of pd_error?

Sorry, if I missed the related discussions, but I feel introducing
breaking  changes in Pd is generally not done lightly. And I found
similar issues in active developments like aoo, so I'm probably not the
only one having missed this.

Roman