[PD-dev] building fluidsynth~ (was: building fluid~ on Linux)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 22:09:33 CEST 2022

Ok, both compilations generate the exact same files and the process was the
some. Only difference is the setup

air intel, mojave, xcode 11.3.1 (works)
pro intel, montrey xcode 13 (nope)

the error I get from the binary generated in the pro is

/Users/ale/Downloads/fluidsynth~_pro/./fluidsynth~.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Users/ale/Downloads/fluidsynth~_pro/./fluidsynth~.pd_darwin, 10):
Library not loaded: @loader_path/libfluidsynth.3.dylib

  Referenced from:
/Users/ale/Downloads/fluidsynth~_pro/./fluidsynth~.pd_darwin
  Reason: no suitable image found.

Did find:
/Users/ale/Downloads/fluidsynth~_pro/./libfluidsynth.3.dylib: cannot load
'libfluidsynth.3.dylib' (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)
/Users/ale/Downloads/fluidsynth~_pro/libfluidsynth.3.dylib: cannot load
'libfluidsynth.3.dylib' (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)

So it seems it finds the generated and shipped dylib, but it is corrupted
somehow.