[PD-dev] building fluidsynth~ (was: building fluid~ on Linux)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 22:33:45 CEST 2022

sorry for so many emails, but now I see that when compiling on monterey I
get this warning

ld: warning: dylib (/usr/local/lib/libfluidsynth.dylib) was built for newer
macOS version (12.0) than being linked (10.6)

So I guess that's it, when installing fluidsynth for monterey and compiling
it there I may run into trouble by loading it in earlier systems like
mojave (10.14.6). Makes sense?

I'm dropping support for mac 32 bit externals, but I'd like to have a fat
binary that works for mac intell and arm but supports a good/wider range of
operating systems...

maybe if I try the minimum OS required to build for mac arm, anyone knows
what it is? I think I heard 'catalina' once...

cheers