[PD-dev] embedding macOS libraries (was Re: building fluidsynth~)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:36:20 CEST 2022

Should we consider having a copy of the old or your new script in a canonical repo such as with pd-lib-builder? Or it's own GH repo? Something similar could be a makefile or script to help automate the whole macOS code signing process as well.

> On May 4, 2022, at 8:32 AM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> On 5/4/22 03:47, Sebastian Shader via Pd-dev wrote:
>> for a simpler example of?the changing-rpath mehod, purest_json also distributes shared libs on osx (recursively through the dependencies)?https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson <https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson>
>
> probably simpler.
> but from what i've seen so far, this is just another copy (of with some
> minor modifications) of the original embed-OSX-libraries script that
> hans-christof wrote two decades ago.
>
> my script (that roman mentioned) [1] for the iem-ci (where it is stress
> tested wih all those iem externals, including beasts like Gem), is also
> based on that original embed-OSX-libraries script, but has seen a number
> of improvements over the last 20 years, like being independent of
> homebrew (think macports; or your own personal package manager) or
> having a consistent interface across various platforms (i have multiple
> scripts [2] for windows/macOS/linux, but they all share the same interface).

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>