[PD-dev] Pure Data team on launchpad.net

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:43:31 CEST 2022

Hey all

I created a "Pure Data" team for providing up-to-date builds for
Ubuntu:

https://launchpad.net/~pure-data

Currently, there is one 'pure-data' PPA for hosting 'puredata'
packages. Yet, IOhannes and me are members. If anyone would like to
join, please let me know.

If there is ever a need, we could also create a 'pd-externals' PPA for
hosting up-to-date external packages. However, my impression is things
aren't evolving quickly these days and what is already in Debian (and
Ubuntu) seems to work fine and up-to-date (mainly thanks to IOhannes).
For new packages, the effort is better spent in bringing them into
Debian.

I updated the respective FAQ entry to reflect the new home of the pure-
data PPA:
https://puredata.info/docs/faq/debian

Roman