[PD-dev] Compiling fat external binaries for Mac OS X

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Wed Jun 8 01:18:39 CEST 2022

Hi,

I am currently working on the last steps for releasing a new version of
PuREST JSON.

My main concern is now building fat binaries for Mac OS X.

When I look at the list at the different versions for 0.52-2 at
https://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data there is a version labeled "M1
and Intel/64bit". I guess, I should link to it.

Is there any environment variable I have to set for building building?

I am using the current master version of pd-lib-builder, and I do not
see any reference to M1 in the block there:
https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder/blob/e6cff665a3a30a967c72c382c6fe92bcdedd7b44/Makefile.pdlibbuilder#L506

Also, what should be in the filename for deken zips?

Any other version of Mac OS X that I should compile the external as
well, since there are downloads for 32 and 64 bit Intel as well?
Especially, because the 64 bit version is labeled as OS X 10.7 - 10.9.

The question about filename of deken zips applies to these as well.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"As long as people kept worrying that the machines were taking over,
they wouldn't notice what was really happening. Which was that the