[PD-dev] [leapmotion] 2.3.1 linking failure on Windows

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu Jan 5 16:20:20 CET 2023

> so...just one last question (hopefully): what's the best practice for
> packaging an external like this? The dependencies are:

kernel32.dll is always present and must not be distributed.

msvcp140d.dll, ucrtbase.dll and vcruntime140*.dll are Microsoft C
runtime libraries.

Can you send me the binaries, so I can quickly have a look myself?

> Would a .bat script be a good idea so that all of these could be
> copied to Windows/System32?

Anything, but not this! The days of copying stuff into System32 are -
fortunately - long gone :-)

Christof