[PD-dev] Send~ and receive does not allow you to change name with a symbol!

Jakob Skouborg syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:55:16 CET 2023

Hello :)

I was just wondering about a thing with the send and receive objects in PD, both the audio rate objects and the non audio rate objects.

These 2 objects allows you to set the name with a symbol:
Receive~
Send

These 2 objects does not allow you to set the name with a symbol:
Send~
Receive

So was just wondering if there is a specific reason why not all of them offers the option to change name with a symbol?

I have been using the externals ext13, but they haven’t been updated in a decade.

Personally I think it would be a nice and meaningful update that all of the send/receive objects would offer the same features.

Second, it would eliminate the need for decade old externals.

Is there a chance that this will be updated in the future?

Thanks in advance,
Jakob