[PD-dev] multichannel signals, preliminary support

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:55:39 CET 2023

I'm fine with objects like [osc~] not being multichannel is there is an easy way to parallelize / multiplex instances ... ie. clone. For consistency, one might want the Max approach of providing alternate versions of *all* dip objects, but if that's too much code overhead and we can concentrate this into clone or a similar object, it makes sense to me.

>> Incidentally, now I think the word "distribute" is ambiguous - does anyone
>> have a better word for packing/unpacking on way in and out of clones?
>>

> fan-in/fan-out? ('fi', 'fo')

I also thought of "fan in" and "fan out" ... probably to the consternation of IOhannes who added the "triggerize" feature. ;)

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>