[PD-dev] multichannel signals, preliminary support

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:18:21 CET 2023

> On Jan 18, 2023, at 2:41 AM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> "MC is not an entirely new API for MSP objects. Instead it is built on top
> of the existing MSP API. (...)

This name prefix / wrapper approach seems like an implicit way of what Miller is looking at doing more explicitly via [clone]. Either way, they have also avoided having to update each object directly.

> so it seems they did not create new codes and new objects, just adapted,
> and even made it possible for it to open a special help patch but it's all
> the same object and you can use this API to generate externals - if I get
> things correctly...

Also similar to Miller's approach, there appears to be a way to load existing mono externals in the mc mechanism. So yeah, same problem, similar technical solution, different implementation.

I believe this doesn't require any changes in libpd, thankfully.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>