[PD-dev] multichannel signals, preliminary support

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:45:39 CET 2023

I can't answer you as I haven't looked at Miller's implementation. I can *imagine* that if [clone] is able to load an internal class then it follows it would be able to open an external class which is loaded. I didn't mean to imply that it can *now* but more than it *might* be able to if it can loaded internal objects.

> On Jan 18, 2023, at 3:43 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Em qua., 18 de jan. de 2023 às 05:18, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> escreveu:
> Also similar to Miller's approach, there appears to be a way to load existing mono externals in the mc mechanism. So yeah, same problem, similar technical solution, different implementation.
>
> Hmm, I am still missing what is Pd's approach to load an existing external into a mc mechanism...
>
> I'm understanding that [clone] may be able to load internal objects (and abstractions of course) into a new multi-channel paradigm, but not externals. Please enlighten me.
>
> cheers

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>