[PD-dev] help designing multichannel aware externals

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 04:54:31 CET 2023

Em seg., 23 de jan. de 2023 às 14:34, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> multichannel objects must create the output signals themselves.
> (as the object might change the number of channels).

even with [nchs~] where I'd have a fixed number of inputs/outputs?

> see the example (mostly: pack~)

I saw it and it's quite simple, withou a 'perform' routine it uses a copy
function. Anyway, just having quite a hard time figuring out how to have
such a routine. I had seen [send~] too, and it's able to call a 'perform'
routine but I couldn't figure it out as well what I was doing wrong in
[nchs~].

I bet I'm missing lots of details and would need some sort of dummies
tutorial, step by step, to learn how to make simple objects like [mc.list~]
:/

cheers