Downtime at weekend

Guenter Geiger geiger at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Mon Mar 16 16:37:26 CET 1998

Hi !

Unfortunately our mail was down at the weekend. Therefor some messages
weren't delivered correctly ( and again it's Larry who suffers ),
but here I'm forwarding his messages:

And btw. I just put a new version 0.22.2 for linux out. I have changed
buffer parameters again. I am using now a fragment size of DACBLKSIZE
and only the number of fragments is changed with the advance.

Get it from <ftp://iem.mhsg.ac.at/pd/pd-linux-0.22.2.tar.gz>

Actually a very simple ( and hopefully effective ) approach.

Note that pd will start up with an advance of 13 which will transform
in a 20 ms latency. This is probably too short for slower Pentiums.
This value can now be adjusted with the [-audiobuf t] switch, where
t is the latency time in ms.

Guenter

--------------------------------

Subject: File-close bug possible workaround
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:20:47 +0000

I think the file-close bug happens when attempting to close a file that
uses "page" objects, where the sub-pages are closed. I've found that by
opening the sub-page first, the file-close operation works.

(But then things are strange after that).

It may also be specifically related to the use of array in subpages, but
I haven't narrowed it down to non-array subpages.

Larry

--  Larry Troxler --  lt at westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --