Abstraction woes

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Wed Mar 18 04:00:37 CET 1998

This is actually two questions disguised as one :-)

First, the abstraction pasted below, seems to always come up with the
second floatatom initialized to 0 instead of 1 (which it was set to when
the abstraction was saved, and is indeed the value saved in the source
code). By this, I mean, that when I create an object called "loop" (the
name of the file is "loop.pd", an object is created with the correct
number of inlets and outlets, and if I click on this object, the correct
subpatch is brought up; however, the number object in the subpatch shows
up as "0" instead of "1". The behavior of the abstraction is also
consistent with this error. bAny ideas? Is this a known bug? (I'm at the
0.21 level).

Second, all I am trying to do is to implement a looping mechanism - an
object that counts from x to y, transmitting the integers from x to y
consecutively on its outlet.!!
I have a feeling there has to be an easier way!

Larry

--  Larry Troxler --  lt at westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --