PD <-> Common Music interface?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Mon Mar 23 03:55:17 CET 1998

Does anyone else on this list also Rick Taube's Common Music?

Have you thought, like I have, that it would be usefull to have PD be
able to send messages for evaluation in CM, and have the results somehow
returned to PD?

Any ideas on the best way to do this? I can think of several ways of
doing it, each of which is probably over my ability and patience to
implement. But maybe there is an easy way to do this that I haven't
thought of.

With my limited knowledge in both Lisp and network programming, the most
obvious approach to me is to use the netsend and netreceive PD objects
to communicate with a Lisp listener that is bound to a socket. I see, at
least in Allegro, there are socket-stream CLOS objects implemented.

Any comments, suggestions, etc, including what the @#$# is Common Music,
or why the @#%#@ do I want to do that, etc, are appreciated.

Larry

--  Larry Troxler --  lt at westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --