bug report: array resize

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Tue Mar 24 01:48:56 CET 1998

I've had instances of segmentation faults when resizing an array.

I suspect this happens when an array is downsized  while a tabread4~
object is running, resulting in newly invalid refrences when the
tabread4~ runs its next slice.

I must admit to not not having narrowed this down with test cases, but a
quick scan of the code shows no evidence that this situation is not
handled. If I'm wrong I'll buy a beer ...

And of course, this is only a minor bug if the cause is known, because
the workaround is easy, just turn off dsp before resizing, which in most
cases is the only thing that makes sense anyway.

Larry

 --  Larry Troxler --  lt at westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --