bug report: array resize

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104nfs.UCSD.EDU
Tue Mar 24 20:51:25 CET 1998

On Mar 24, 12:48am, Larry Troxler wrote:

> I've had instances of segmentation faults when resizing an array.
>
> I suspect this happens when an array is downsized  while a tabread4~
> object is running, resulting in newly invalid refrences when the
> tabread4~ runs its next slice.
>
> I must admit to not not having narrowed this down with test cases, but a
> quick scan of the code shows no evidence that this situation is not
> handled. If I'm wrong I'll buy a beer ...

Well, there's probably a bug in there somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't
crash (tautology!) but the situation was supposed to be handled by
the

    if (x->x_usedindsp) canvas_checkdsp();

in array_resize().  Perhaps the check doesn't actually do anything though...

Miller