"expr", Perl??, ...

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Mon Mar 30 04:57:52 CEST 1998

I notice in the Ircam Max docs, there is a description of an "expr"
object. Will this be implemented soon?

Actually, I've been still thinking about how to integrate PD with
"linear" programming languages. I asked on this list a short time ago
about connecting PD to a Lisp image running CM. For the time being, I'm
not going to try this, since I'm don't have any experience programming
sockets, especially in Common Lisp.

but in the search for an alternative solution to implementing
expressions by patching PD objects together, I've now hit upon the idea
of linking the perl library to PD, and coding an object that calls Perl.
So this object would be like the "expr" object, but more powerfull.
This doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to do. Maybe the Perl
expression to evaluate could be sent as a message to the perl object.

Any thoughts?

Larry

--  Larry Troxler --  lt at westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --