Couldn't load. Help

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104nfs.UCSD.EDU
Wed Apr 15 00:23:40 CEST 1998

> Hi Mark
> When I say that Pd doesn't run for very long, I mean that it runs for less
> than half a second, so I can't read anything.
> But, when I load tcl (wish80, console), and I request "load pd.exe", I get
> "couldn't find Pd_init".
> Is it something wrong with my TCP/IP
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Horacio.
> hlapidus at uniandes.edu.co

This may not help much, but the module tcl loads is "pdtcl.dll", not
"pd.exe" or "pd.dll".  There are two programs, "pd.exe" which loads
"pd.dll" (this is done so that "externs" can also use routines in pd.dll)
and wish which loads "pdtcl.dll".

If the tcl program vanishes after 1/2 sec or so, it's probably "pd.exe"
which dies first.  If you haven't tried yet, you might see if "pd -adc"
or "pd -dac" works better; if so, that indicates that your audio driver
doesn't work for simultaneous input/output, which Pd doesn't check for
correctly in the current release.

hope this helps,
Miller