0.23 BETA is available

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104nfs.UCSD.EDU
Mon Jun 8 18:40:10 CEST 1998

HI All,

I've finally got a "beta" version of 0.23 out, in the usual place
(~/pub/msp/pd0.23xxx on crca-ftp.ucs.edu.)  This was the release in
which I tried to put all potentially incompatible changes for the forseeable
future...  at the patch level, you shouldn't see any significant
differences (other than dozens of bug fixes.)

I'm putting out this preliminary version for writers of "externs" who might
want to update them in time for the "real" release.

The main piece of unfinished business is to organize and test all the
example patches on both the SGI and PC, and to update the release
notes and the "readme" -- probably a couple of days' work....

cheers
Miller