Songlines

Alessandro Fogar foggy at wavenet.it
Sun Jul 5 17:52:23 CEST 1998

I'd like to inform you about my new interactive installation 'Songlines' , a
piece which uses pd 0.23 and a set of externals for algorithmic composition.

It has been composed with the Australian aboriginal 'Dream Map' concept in
mind.

A video camera capture the audience position, using a 'netreceive' object
data are passed from the 'detection computer' to the 'dreamMap' external
which detects the position on a virtual dream map. When an object, placed on
the dream map is reached, the event is passed to Pd patches which react
composing new music material.

The installation premiere will take place at the festival "Stazione di
Topolo' ", july 11 (12-24) and july 12 (09-24), in Topolo', Grimacco (Ud) -
Italy

You can see detailed information about the festival at
http://www.friul.it/topolo

Best regards

Alessandro Fogar
Via Venezia 26