No subject

Elliot Anderson ewanders at sirius.com
Wed Jul 15 06:58:42 CEST 1998

	I am a visual artist who works primarily with video and computers.
Specifically, I use computer controlled laser disc.  I use a PC with
Windows 95 and C++ to develop my work.  I recently downloaded PD and am
looking at it to develop code for my artwork.
	I also teach electronic media and use MAX in the classroom.  One of the
great recent additions to MAX has been multimedia support.  MAX has two
objects that are of interest to me and my work.  One is an object that
allows you to talk to the serial or parallel port, the other is a video
disc object.
	My question is, are there objects in PD that allow communications with the
serial and parallel port on the PC?  If not, is there a plan to add these
objects?  I can think of a number or uses for these objects, ie. talking to
sensors, laser disc players, etc.

Thanks,
Elliot Anderson

Elliot Anderson