pd -linux install

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Tue Oct 6 17:56:18 CEST 1998

For those who want to know ..
The solution the last time was, that RedHat´s configuration tool broke the network setup.
So, when doing
> ifconfig
you should see a lo0 net device.
Pd needs the lo0, but I´m not sure why ... (X can run without that).

How to get Redhat back into it´s proper state is also unknown to me as I´m using Debian.
Anyhow, if pd and pd-gui are in your path (which is normally the case after doing a make -f makefile.linux install),
it is most likely a problem with your network setup.

Guenter