Sv: Need help starting GEM on Win 95

Soeren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Sun Oct 11 21:20:17 CEST 1998

Hi,

I have just startet using PD and GEM, but I also also had the same problem - and solved it. It seems, that the PD commandline parameters are case sensitive (!!!!) In my case it works fine if I type:

pd -lib /pd/gem/Gem

(with an uppercase G)

Remember to put both the 'pd' and 'pd/gem' directories in your path!

However, GEM also seems to be sensitive to where PD is located. I could not start GEM when I installed PD in a subdirectory (e.g. c:\music\pd\ with gem in c:\music\pd\gem\) but that doesn't seem to be your problem.

By the way, are you using NT or 95/98?? I have tried win95 and Linux, and I think the it is running rather slowly under win95 compared to the Linux version.

Please don't by a G3 - make a Linux box instead - it's free - and better ;-)

Gee, I hope this works, otherwise this will look like a REEEEAL stupid answer!!

Soeren Bovbjerg
Aalborg University, Denmark