rpm of pd.23-4

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Wed Oct 21 20:13:47 CEST 1998

----------
From:  Charles Baker[SMTP:baker at charlieb.com]
Sent:  Tuesday, October 20, 1998 12:43 PM
To:  pd-list at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Subject:  Re: rpm of pd.23-4
>the error - a failed dependancy on libtcl/tk 8.0.. is strange, because
>I know I have them...SO..
>it's gotta be the path to the lib in the rpm? I really don't know how
>file system layout vary between Linux distributions.
Mhmm . what is the output of "ls /usr/lib/libtk*" on your system.
At least I have access to a redhat system now and will be able to test it myself.
Probably I will be able to make a Gem rpm package too ...

>Whatever,the src compiled ok, but when I try to send MIDI , it dies,
>without report.. All audio seems fine.

Very bad. Think I have to test it thouroughly.
You could try 0.23-2, and if that doesn´t die, I have screwed up pd_0.23-4.
I couldn´t test MIDI, because I have no MIDI equipment at home (yet).

>I compiled pd with the standard linux driver code (s_linux.c), not the
>ALSA driver.
ALSA support is experimental ...

Thanks for the report
Guenter