[Fwd: rpm of pd.23-4]

Charles Baker baker at charlieb.com
Fri Oct 23 17:36:07 CEST 1998

Guenter Geiger wrote:

> >----------

0.23-4 segfaults (getting worse :)).

No, 22-4 -> all MIDI worked, 23-1->no MIDI worked, 23-4->seg.fault on
MIDI out.

> How does this ineffectiveness show itself ?

PD connects to MIDI port, all audio is fine, but in any 23 release, I do
not have MIDI (although it appears to connect), and in the lastest
release, MIID output cause immediate seg fault.

> The step from pd-0.22 to pd-0.23 was rather big, but probably only
Miller and Mark can shed some light on what
> really changed.

I suspect this error is more subtle than just your 23-4 changes,
Guenter, because of the loss of fuctionality at
23-1.
Your changes may just have exposed where RedHat OSS fails with new 0.23
scheme.

CharlieB

PS: my Keykit and playmidi programs are quite functional, so I doubt
it's related to my *specific* RH setup.