7 questions on pd

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Fri Nov 6 21:20:37 CET 1998

Yes, it makes sense. I´m currently implementing that for the Linux version.
There will also path handling for pd abstractions.
If it will be implemented in other versions depends on Miller.

> 2.    Why is it not possible any longer to use a working directory
> different from '/directory/pd/bin' in release 0.23 (although it was in
> the earlier releases) ?

It is possible. What, exactely is the problem ? (Error messages)

> 6.    Do self-made abstractions eat up all the ressources ?
>
> (That´s just because my Pentium wouldn´t do some patches, and so did
> IEM´s SGI!)

 Yes, it is possible to program a patch to eat all resources. But generally
it is
 a bad idea to do so.

> 7.    Is it clever to use a Pentium100 ?

You should be able to judge by yourself after having pd installed.
Additionally it is Operating System dependent.

Guenter