7 questions on pd

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Mon Nov 9 18:27:47 CET 1998

Locating libraries is not a problem of pd, but a problem of the operating
system.
To let Windows know where it has to look for dll´s, just set the PATH
variable
correctly (Somewhere in autoexec I guess).
Something like:

SET PATH=C:\MUSIC\PD\BIN

(assuming CW3215.dll is in the PD\BIN directory)

> 6. Is it clever to use many abstractions (to keep the "program" more
> understandable) or would they use too many of the ressources
> (in the extreme
> case !)

I never tried to use abstractions to the extreme. If this is a problem for
pd depends
what the extreme case means. My guess is that it should be possible to
manage 100
abstractions without a problem, but honestly I have never tried more than
ten.

Guenter