GEM & Linux

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Tue Nov 24 01:44:00 CET 1998

Hi !

Sorry - my fault !

Building instructions for GEM got lost during upgrade. :(

I´m still in a bad situation regarding distribution of pd and gem in binary
form.
It could be done providing statically linked libraries. This should be possible
at least for Pd.

So, if someone likes to take over the job of creating rpm´s, I would appreciate
it
a lot.

If you like to build Gem, it is necessary that all the libraries Gem depends on
are
installed:

libgltt
libttf
libjpeg
libtiff
libMesaGl and libMesaGLU (or libGL and libGLU)

... and others which are more common like

libc
libX11
libXext
libstdc++
libm
libz

The configure script checks for them and reports back if it can´t find them ...

Guenter