maximum networkedness for any PD

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Fri Dec 4 00:43:39 CET 1998

This will be possible with sfread, but only from harddisk (or Data CD).
As I recall reading audio streams from CD needs special treatment and isn´t
supported
by all IDE CDROM drives ...

> At 13:34 03.12.98 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >The problem is, either the decoders are not free, or they
> perform really
> badly.
> >I still have to put some work into optimizing.
>
> what about the xaudio-library? i think its free for these
> uses. also it
> provides some abstractions to write control interfaces...

To keep pd free, all the sources which are included should be free too. (See the
problems
with the fiddle external).

the xaudio library is shareware ...

> >Those who have Links or other resources, feel free to send
> them to the list.
>
> i have seen this site. its more a collection of links, but
> usefull, though:

http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~mcconney/Pd+.html

Thank you, added to my (yet to be official) web page.

Guenter