c7c9797

SETA,MICHAL,MR BVOO at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Tue Jan 12 08:24:03 CET 1999

>>If you really have something to say here, please adjust your character set ...
>
>a.bon.l!zt pol!sz.  m     !     a     u
>= undrztood = uz + <
>
>>If you really have something to say here, please adjust your character set ...
>
>phpz please Guenter Geiger should pozt dzat !n dze pd vlkom msg jas +?
>!f d!ezez l!zt = engl!sch _||- onl! should please majk !t kl!ar
>!n dze `vlkom msg` tzo dzat
>l!f 4rmz who != preokup!ed w!th propagat!on ov unvntfl mattr
>kan z!mpl! please ovrlook ou!.

oups ....I think I see something coming our way :)

>cast an integer to symbol : :  _|=~ ment!ond 1 zort ov prblm.
>tzo. pardon. jetzt shall relokate 2 t!p!kl =cw4t7abs rout!n wh!ch m zerta!n
>= shall enjo!++
>
>zttz

=cw4t7abs toutine surely is enjoyable
might require a little adjustment, though...

Now,
I know I'm not dreaming.  I've got full duplex :))
However, when I send a noteout pd decides to quit without warning.
Not that I have some MIDI gear attached to the computer.
I just wanted to see what's gonna happen.  I did.

On the subject of MIDI.
Since I'm a fairly new to the intel world, can anyone tell me
which port a midi interface is using?
2)  how would I configure my linux box to talk with such interface
a) through some mysterious connection between the sound card and
said port, b) manually in /dev/something.

3) anyone aware of possibility of hacking a serial cable
to adapt to my serial port in my pc and possibly using
a serial MIDI interface.

And on another note (pd)
As I started finally playing with pd a little more seriously
I found that it'd be cool to have some documentation polished
up and updated.  I even started doing a little HTML version of it.
It's just a beginning but I'm willing to continue if there
are chances someone will find it useful.  Now or in the future.
Any pros,cons?  Hints and ideas are more than welcome.

Cheers.

Michal