power2

Brandon J. Rickman ashes at pc4.zennet.com
Sat Jan 23 00:07:54 CET 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Someone asked me about "pow" before.  I plain forgot to write one.
> I'll deal with it for the "upcoming" release so there's no need for
> you to go to the trouble.

One can always do a bit of trickery with a log, a *, and an exp.

I am interested in a way to store maximum or minimum values, sort of like
the int operator but it first checks if the new value is greater/less than
the stored value.

Hm, a few more interesting ones: sign (returns a 1/-1, useful with abs),
additive inverse, multiplicative inverse.

- Brandon
ashes at zennet.com