Call for music and/or papers, "SPRING 2000 IN LA HABANA"

marco marco.trevisani at nyu.edu
Mon Jan 25 16:05:38 CET 1999

HI,
I'm forwarding this message i received from the Laboratorio Nacional de
Musica Electroacustica, in L a Habana Cuba.
They are organizing their VIII INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ELECTROACOUSTIC
MUSIC, in the wonderful scenario that is  the  Old down town of La Habana,
Cuba.
You can find their  invitation letter and in my home page and at the end of
this message too:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~marco
That's the unofficial web page, but there i s no official web page
anyway...:-), i dont have anything to do with the organisation, i'm just
helping them to  promote and spread the voice of this cultural event.....
If you have question contact them at
mailto: lnme at artsoft.cult.cu

thanks and i'm sorry for the unsollicited invasion of your mailbox....
PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE COULD BE INTERESTED.

	marco trevisani

VIII INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ELECTROACOUSTIC MUSIC
  "SPRING IN HAVANA 2000"
 CUBAN INSTITUTE OF MUSIC NATIONAL LABORATORY OF ELECTROACOUSTIC MUSIC

Dear Madam/Sir,
                                               We are pleased to inform you
that the Cuban Institute of Music and the
                                               National Laboratory of
Electroacoustic Music of Cuba are organizing
                                               the 8th edition of the
International Festival of Electroacoustic Music
                                               "Spring in Habana 2000" that
is going to take place from March 5
                                               (Sunday) to March 11
(Saturday) in the year 2000 and will be dedicated
                                               to the 80 Anniversary of the
Birth of Master Juan Blanco.

                                               This event will present
works of electroacoustic music for tape, mixed,
                                               performances and multimedia
spectacles, lectures, workshops and
                                               exhibitions.

                                               Due to the magnificent
reception obtained by the previous edition in
                                               March 1998 among the
participants, next Festival will developed its
                                               activities at the rooms and
yards of the colonial houses, the squares,
                                               museums and military
fortress of the ancient time of the spanish colony
                                               all inside the Historic
Center of Habana City (Patrimony of the Humanity
                                               for UNESCO).

                                               The present economical
situation of our country makes impossible for
                                               us to assume your costs of
air ticket, lodging and food, but we can
                                               offer you very special
prices in the Historic Hotels of the Old Habana.

                                               If you are interested in
participating, you can send us your proposal
                                               the e-mail Festival
lnme at artsoft.cult.cu, you should include a brief
                                               curriculum vitae (around 200
words), your personal address and
                                               number fax, in order to send
you the official invitation.

                                               Hoping to hear from you
soon, Cordially,

Enmanuel Blanco,

General Coordinator

Address:
               LABORATORIO NACIONAL DE MUSICA
                              ELCTROACUSTICA
               Calle 17 esq. a I No. 260, Primer piso,
                        Vedado, C.Habana 10400,
                                        Cuba

                             Tel: (537) 30-3983
                 Fax: (537) 66-2286 (537) 33-3716

                      Email. lnme at artsoft.cult.cu
                     Habana City, January 15, 1999

Please, send the works, scores, videos, etc.,
before December 15 1999 to:

Organizing Committee VIII International
Festival of Electroacoustic Music Calle 17 esq. a I No. 260,
Primer piso, Vedado, C.Habana, CP 10400, Cuba

The Festival program will close on
December 30 1999.

-------
marco trevisani
Web info: http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~marco
email: marco.trevisani at nyu.edu
or       marco at ccrma.stanford.edu
"ET la democratie ? En depit des illusions de certains Etats, il n'existe
aucun environnement propice  a la democratie sous le regime des sanctions."
(Le Monde diplomatique)