Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Thu Feb 4 18:13:54 CET 1999

Unluckily the SoundBlaster Live isn´t supported under Linux.
There have been rumours that Creative is willing to support Linux, but
they haven´t given out the specifications for the card yet.

Despite that fact that you won´t have any sound, MIDI I/O pd should run without
sound support, and display the message "dacs died ... switching to alternate
timesource"
at startup.

I currently use a SB/PCI128 as full duplex card, despite that fact that the SNR
is
rather bad. For high quality audio I would use a card from Turtle Beach´s
Multisound/Pinnacle series.

Guenter

http://www.sirius.com/~ewanders