8-channel matrix panning

Bill Kleinsasasser bill at towson.edu
Tue Feb 16 05:36:56 CET 1999

Hello,

Can anyone point me to information on calculating the dynamic placement of sound
within an 8-channel speaker matrix?  The speakers would be set in a evenly-spaced
circle around the listening space and I'd like to be able to dynamically and
arbitrarily move sounds within this space using the matrix calculations to control
routing to the 8 outputs.  I'd also like to be able to place stereo input in this
space maintaining and distorting the original spread image within the 8-channels.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bill Kleinsasser