netreceive, r and ;

oswald berthold opt at web.fm
Wed Mar 10 01:10:05 CET 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Norbert Math wrote:

the applet sounds very interesting. sort of what i also want to do,
although i was thinking more about "demonlike" programs, rather than
user.operated...
anyhow, maybe a generalized java class for sending and receiving with
netsend/netzreceive.pd ..? blink.

i m  using one of the netexample java files, which just opens a socket
on a specified port and then write from System.in into it.
i ll try what happens when i explicitly append a \n to the output ...

and, the other way round (sending stuff from pd to a java listener) works
iwthout a quirk. so far.

let know when your applet is  ready for public.

oswald
EOM

->
->At the moment i am writing a java applet which communicates to the
->netsend object of pd. I do this by sending a string like "foo 123;"
->which is followed by a newline and it works fine. Pd does not expect any
->"weird" control character, and it always drops an EOF message when the
->connection fails.
->
->There might be an interference if you connect with a "netreceive" object
->on the same port.
->
->What echoclient are you using?
->
->If anybody is interested in my little project: My intention is to
->build an applet which makes it possible to control pd from
->any webbrowser
->I will publish my efforts in a couple of days, as soon as it
->gets stable ...
->
->norbert
->