camera object in pd-gem

Gilbert Nouno Gilbert.Nouno at ircam.fr
Wed Mar 24 15:33:44 CET 1999

Hi all,
I am a new pd and gem user, so I would like to apologize for my basic
questions.

I run pd on  SGI Indy (6.2) and Octane (6.5) machines.
I'd like to use gem, I'vetried a few examples and I must say
the result is impressive !

I tried to use the camera object, but I did'nt manage to get it work.
the doc says it is still in development, does it work and how do you include it
in a gem chain ?

As I am still a novice, I have just manage to map textures on spheres, and
have the
sphere rotate, but how can I have the sphere rotate on its own axis, and
also on an external
axis (like planets).

is it possible to have local referentials and to move one referential
inside another one ?
in fact I would like to do a composition of movments.

Thanks for your help.

Gilbert Nouno