Waveout

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104nfs.UCSD.EDU
Thu Mar 25 00:01:22 CET 1999

Christian Guirreri wrote:

>...  Anyway, I can't seem to get Waveout to work - loading it normally it
doesn't find any errors, but I have no sound.  When I choose the desired
port manually through command prompt and use verbose, I get the mmsystem
error (ie - waveOutOpen: MMSYSTEM004 The specified device is already in
use. Wait until it is free, and then try again.), which means pd itself is
probably choosing a port I can't really use feasibly when I load it without
the command line settings (I have a virtual audio device loopback installed
that to pd probably appears to be an open port).

I believe in Pd-0.24 the port numbers for audio devices were off
by one; i.e. to get "audio output device 2" you have to specify
-soundoutdev 1.  Perhaps this is part of the problem...

Miller