Possible Memory Leak in pd-linux-0.25TEST4.tar

Michal Seta mis at music.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 30 06:34:02 CEST 1999

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, John Michael Davison wrote:
well, I'm not a C guru so I won't comment on this question but I've
noticed something strange about the pd_0.24 on linux.  When I run it for a
longer time it ends up slowing down and eventually freeze the system.

I'm running RedHat 5.2 on an Intel 200 MMX, with OPTi16 sound card.

Also, unrelated question to some Linux pro.
Can someone explain how can modem transmissions be affected by mouse
movements?  Everytime I dial-up to my ISP I have to move around my mouse
in order to keep the connection up and if I want to do any transfers.
Strange behaviour.  It is present only under linux.  Under Win95 on the
same machine everything is well.

Thanks.

|        Regarding pd-linux-0.25TEST4.tar --> pd/src/m_memory.c, is this a
|memory leak?
|
|          void *getzbytes(size_t nbytes)  /* get bytes, zeroed out */
|          {
|              void *ret;
|              if (nbytes < 1) nbytes = 1;
|              ret = getbytes(nbytes);